A True Book: Deserts - Ecosystems
ISBN: 9780531281048Precio habitual $10.990
|Dimensiones||1 x 18 x 21 cm|
|Edad||8 a 14 años, Juvenil|
|Nivel de Lectura||Lexile 800 l Guided Reading Level Q|
This book briefly examines the geology and environment of deserts, as well as the people and animals who make them their homes.
The BIG TRUTH! The desert weather report. What is the forecast for today?
The average scorpion is about 2.5 inches (6 centimeters) long.
- Exploring the Desert. What are deserts, and where are they found?
- With sand and wind. How does nature make a desert in the first place?
- Man-made deserts. How have people and cities changed the deserts of the world?
- Home, sweet desert home. How can people possibly live in some of the world's deserts?
- Wildlife under the sun. What kinds of plants and animals survive in deserts?
True statistics, Resources, Important words, Index, About the author.
True Books have been upgraded and updated. Information is presented in a thorough yet engaging manner, featuring lively sidebars, a glossary, visual back matter, and an index.