A True Book: The Superstorm Hurricane Sandy
ISBN: 9780531237519Precio habitual $10.990
|Dimensiones||1 x 18 x 21 cm|
|Edad||8 a 14 años|
|Nivel de Lectura||Lexile 940 l Guided Reading Level S|
On October 29, 2012, one of the largest, most powerful storms in recent history landed on the coast of New Jersey and proceeded to wreak havoc upon the East Coast of the United States. Readers will discover how Superstorm Sandy formed as a hurricane in the Atlantic Ocean and made its way through the Caribbean and up to the United States and why the storm grew so powerful. They will also learn about the widespread damage and suffering caused by the storm and find out how people are working to rebuild and recover after this devastation.
Table of Contents
- Strom on the Horizon: What is a superstorm?
- Plans and Preparations: How did people prepare for the coming storm? -- Horrible Hurricanes: What can we learn from past hurricanes?
- Winds and Waters: What happened when the storm hit the United States?
- After the Storm: How much damage did Sandy cause?
- The Long Road to Recovery: What have people done to help rebuild after the storm? -- True Statistics -- Resources -- Important Words