The Math Adventurers: A Day at the Zoo
ISBN: 9780744080254Precio habitual $28.990
|Sital Gorasia Chapman
|1 x 26 x 20 cm
|5 a 8 años
Beep and Boots are looking forward to a day out at the zoo, especially getting to see their favorite animal – the giraffe. But they have to keep an eye on the time else they’ll miss feeding time! It’s all too easy to get distracted by lions, tigers, and tasty snacks – 15 minutes here, half an hour there! Pretty soon, Beep and Boots realize they might be late. Will they make it to the giraffe enclosure in time?
This fun and educational math book for children features:
– A fun and engaging introduction to telling the time for children aged 5-7.
– Lively illustrations and rhyming text that brings the characters and math topics to life.
– Key math topics including shapes, time, measurements, division, and fractions – all essential learning for this age group.
– Illustrations that are in a non-gendered color palette, making the traditionally male subject relatable for all genders.
– A relatable storyline for young readers, encouraging them to look for math in their homes and environments, and seeing how, often without even knowing it, they use math everyday.
Characterful illustrations and rhyming text bring Beep and Boots to life. Children aged 5–7 will love seeing the adventures the robot duo go on and will learn key mathematical concepts concerning time in a gentle, fun way, including telling the time and hours, minutes, and seconds. Questions at the end of the book reinforce learning and encourage kids to look at the math they can see in the world around them.
At DK, we believe in the power of discovery.
So why stop there?
The Math Adventurers series uses everyday scenarios to show how math is all around us, making this difficult subject more accessible. If you loved The Math Adventurers: A Day at the Zoo, then you’ll love The Math Adventurers: Chip and Christine Build a Friendship!